In October I was introduced to the blog Glass Half Empty written by Miles, a 10 year old blogger from the San Francisco Bay Area. I have known Miles for a few years now and after reading a few posts I was immediately hooked. Not only is his blog laugh out loud funny but it also gives readers a VERY honest view of the world from his perspective. Check out his posts on Writer's Block, School and his awesome advice column called "Dear Danger" (Danger is quite literally his middle name). I asked him to write a guest post and here is his take on why he thinks kids (and adults) should blog.Hi I am Miles. I am 10 years old and have a blog called Glass Half Empty. I am the only kid I know who blogs and I think it is a shame that no one else my age blogs because it is a great way to express yourself in lots of ways. Have you ever had a time where you feel like you are on the verge of going ballistic or like the whole world is against you? Well, I know that I have felt like that. I tried tons of ways to relieve my stress; I tried sports, I tried TV, I tried eating, I tried cooking, I tried lifting weights, I even tried eating junk food (but I got busted by mom) and nothing worked until I started blogging. Blogging is great for kids my age and adults!
Here are some reasons people of all ages and gender should blog.
1. It improves typing and vocabulary skills.
2. It is a great source of stress relief.
3. It makes a darn good hobby.
4. It is a great way to express your feelings.
5. There are no rules to blogging.
6. It is fun.
7. I can tell you firsthand there is no feeling like when you break your view record, get a subscriber or get a comment.*
8. Do you have any idea how accomplished I feel to have over 1000 views and to have gotten invited to guest blog? Thank you Karly!
So get out there and
*Bloggers love getting new subscribers and reading their comments. Miles is no different so be sure to subscribe to Miles' blog and don't miss any of his new posts!