If you have ever been a part of a Twitter chat then you probably know that Participate Learning easily creates a transcript of the chat and will even do it for you if your chat is one that is regularly scheduled. That feature alone is what got us frustrated storify users hooked. Add in the AWESOME curated resources automatically collected during the chat and you have a chat moderator's dream come true. I recently got a chance to chat with Brad Spirrison from Participate Learning and I found out that there is a lot about Participate.com that you might not even know about!
- There are over 10K expert-vetted resources (apps, videos, web, oer) scored and tagged for common core. You can browse resources and collections by grade, category, and of course common core.
- Participate users can make their own resource collections/playlists using resources from Participate, plus links you add, and files you upload. You can also invite others to collaborate in a collection!
- They have incredible customer service. If you are interested in capturing resources tweeted to any hashtag, not just chats, let them know. They will will create it for you. You can the capture collections/transcripts for up to 72 hours. Resources can be captured for up to 30 days before.
- Participate Learning recently created pages for upcoming EdCamps. That means that ANY resource tweeted alongside an edcamp hashtag will be curated on Participate Learning.
- There's an extension for that! Participate Learning has an easy to use chrome extension that makes it super easy to save online resources to Participate Learning Bookmarks, then add them to collections from your profile!
Check out Participate.com and follow them on Twitter @, Facebook or Google+. There are a TON of 90-second tutorial videos available on their YouTube Channel making it an incredibly easy to use tool for finding resources, connecting and collaborating.